Hermanus | Hemel & Aarde Wine Region Tour
- Cape Town
- 8 Hours
- Tour Type:
- Day Tour
- From R3850
- 1 - 3 persons
- Private Touring
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees
One of the most scenic drives in the Cape, boasting sweeping views along the False Bay Coast and Hottentot-Holland Mountains.
One of the few locations in the world where one can stand on the cliffs and view whales in their natural habitat. Walker Bay is a natural whale sanctuary for the Southern Right Whales.
With a robust terroir and the cool breeze from the Atlantic coming through the valley, giving great character to Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
Enjoy the scenic beauty of the False Bay as we travel along the coast to Hermanus, a natural whale sanctuary for the Southern Right Whales during the cape winter months. The wines of Hemel en Aarde (Heaven and Earth) region have a unique flavour due to many contributing factors.
Travel via Gordons Bay along the scenic drive to Betty's Bay where spectacular photographic opportunities are available.
This option is available all year round however it is more popular during whale season (July to November) due to the activity just off shore.
Places of Interest
- The seaside Village of Gordons Bay.
- Betty's Bay and the Stony Point Penguin Colony for upclose encounters with this endangered species.
- Travel via Kleinmond to Onrus and into the Hemel & Aarde Wine Region.
- Wine tasting at the Hamilton Russel Wine Estate.
- Spend some time along the cliffs in Hermanus admiring the view.
- One of many restaurants along the Hermanus Cliffs
- Guests may request a lunch pack from the Hotel if provided.
Return to the City via Sir Lowry's Pass.
17h00 Return to the Hotel.
The above tour is suggested only, all itineraries and Day Tours are tailor made according to guests preferences and weather conditions.
⇝ Whale or Dolphin watching boat from Hermanus Harbour.