Spring Wild Flower Tour
- Cape Town
- 8 Hours
- Tour Type:
- Day Tour
- From R3500
- 1 - 3 persons
- Private Touring
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees
The West Coast National Park lies 120KM North of Cape Town and is 27 500 hectars in size. During spring it has a dazzling display of wild flowers and succulents with sweeping coastal backdrops.
Paternoster is latin for 'Lords Prayer' and is a small coastal fishing community renowned for great crayfish (Cape Lobster variety). Resembles the Greek Isles with its white washed houses.
A small farming community in the area called the Swartland 'black land' region of the Western Cape, rich in beauty, wine and a quaint village made famous by its political figure that resides there.
These tours run between Mid August until Mid September. Only when the wild flowers are at their best, giving you a different perspective of the beauty of the Cape. From the desolate coastlines to the often snow dusted mountains, this spring excursion is a must see for the discerning photographer and landscape lover.
Travel along the West Coast away from the city and experience the splendour of the West Coast during our spring flower time.
This option is best enjoyed during the months of August and September.
Please note flower sightings are not gaurenteed as they depend on winter rains.
Places of Interest
West Coast National Park:
- • Enjoy the scenic beauty of this landscape.
- • See the many indigenous flowers in bloom.
- • Tea and scones at the tea room.
- Visit Langebaan and its calm Lagoon.
- Experience the crayfish mongers selling their catch on the side of the road in Paternoster.
- Wild Spring Flowers can be seen all along the roads we travel, in some areas the landscape resembles a tapestry of colours.
- • Species such as Namaqualand Daisies.
- • Various types of succulents knows as "Vygies".
- • Wetland growers like Arum Lillies, (Calla Lillies).
- • Prolific bird and wildlife can be seen.
- • The pride of the Cape, The Proteas can also been seen as well.
- Visit the charming town of Darling.
- • No visit to this town would be complete without a snoop around Evita se Perron, home to famous South African political satirist and his many faces.
- Some good old South African "Melktert" (Milktart) and tea await all guests.
- Restaurants along the beach in Paternoster
- Guests may request a lunch pack from the Hotel if provided.
17h00 Return to the Hotel.
The above tour is suggested only, all itineraries and Day Tours are tailor made according to guests preferences and weather conditions.